Friday, April 16, 2010

RAW Desserts

So tonight is our RAW Dessert night and I've vowed to get the recipes up sooner than I did after last month. . . Was it just yesterday I finally posted my salad recipe???

I just finished up the Peanut Butter Fudge and Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts. MMmmmm.....

Peanut Butter Fudge AKA Chi Snowballs compliments of Green Smoothie Girl Holiday Recipe Book

She rolls her's into balls and rolls into unsweetened shredded coconut (people in this house don't like coconut especially if they can see it) so we skipped that part and just cut it into 1" squares like fudge.

1 c peanut butter (pref. natural unsweetened)
1/2 c honey
1/4 c brown rice syrup (found health food store, I personally think it doesn't need it)
2 1/2 c puffed brown rice cereal (found as above but is needed!)
1/2 c rolled oats
1 - 2 Tbsp chia seeds (health food store)
optional: 1 c finely shredded unsweetened coconut

Mix all ingredients together except for the coconut. Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in the coconut. Or press into an 8 x 8" pan and let sit until soft about an hour. I put mine in the fridge. Comes out nice and firm like fudge. . .

Let's keep our fingers crossed that if I leave my camera out tonight, I might remember to take pictures.

1 comment:

  1. These were WAY too good. I'd better not ever, ever make them.

    One thing though. The puffed cereal can't be raw right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy reading what you have to say!