Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book Review by Peggy

(From April’s Green Smoothies group meeting)

Title: Super Foods; Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life
Author: Steven G. Pratt, M.D., and Kathy Matthews
Purpose: To help people choose foods that will let them live a healthy and disease-free life. This book discusses the qualities that are in what is called “Super Foods”. These foods have some of the best disease fighting properties as compared to other food choices that we make.
Organization of Chapters:
The first part of the book talks about the how our diets are creating chronic health problems; the principals of great health; micronutrients; and how to incorporate super foods into your diet. The second part of the books talks about each of the super foods as separate chapters. It tells what each food does for your body and even give alternatives called “side-kicks” to give you variety. The third part gives menu planning ideas and additional nutrition information.
Fourteen Super Foods:
Beans Blueberries Broccoli Oats Pumpkin Wild Salmon
Soy Spinach Tomatoes Walnuts Yogurt Turkey Tea
My Opinion:
I really love this book! I have taken a lot of time to study this book and feel that it offers excellent information that I refer back to often. My only issue is that I don’t drink tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy reading what you have to say!