Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Raw Chocolate Pudding

Hubby and I just had the yummiest pudding!!! Way better than Sugar Free Jello Pudding. Which is what I used to let us have as a snack. ICK!!!!

Don't freak out when I tell you that it was made with an Avocado!!! Seriously! The texture was so smooth!

I found the recipe by searching online for Avocado Chocolate Pudding. But this is how I did mine, because I didn't have all the "right" or enough ingredients.

Raw Chocolate Pudding

1 Avocado
1/3 c Agave Nectar recipe called for 1/2 c. That would have been too sweet for me.
1/4 c raw cacao powder
1 TBS Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 - 2 TBS Almond Milk

Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend, add the Almond milk slowly to add to the creaminess. It only makes maybe 1 1/2 cups. But I couldn't even eat all mine it was so chocolatey. I might even cut back just a smidge on the cacao powder.

Now you need to keep in mind that I haven't eaten any processed dessert in several months. OK, I did have a couple bites of a cheesecake when we were in Boston and Colorado Springs. But seriously that is it. So this might have something to do with my tastebuds being overwhelmed with the creamy goodness. However, Hubby thought it was downright yummy too! He said I could make it again for him, and he's a pretty picky critic.

Sorry I didn't take a picture. I wasn't planning on blogging about it until it was all gone!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy reading what you have to say!